British Consulate General İstanbul
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas as is now looking to hire up to four Temporary Entry Clearance Officers for its UK Visas and Immigration department.
UK Visas and Immigration is the overseas arm of the UK's immigration control. Istanbul is one of the busiest Visa Sections in the world and processes applications made in Turkey, Central Asia, South Caucasus, Tel Aviv and Cyprus. Our people are committed to providing a first class service, and are expected to be flexible, and to make fair and defensible decisions on visa applications quickly, balancing the need for a high level of customer service with the requirement to maintain the integrity of the immigration control.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assessing a range of visa applications. Making quick and pragmatic decisions to issue and refuse visas in accordance with the Immigration Rules, and within agreed timescales;
- Dealing with correspondence and other enquiries from applicants, sponsors and members of the public. Preparing well-presented and accurate replies, written in plain English, within target times.
The ideal candidate should be:
- A good communicator with excellent spoken and written English;
- Computer literate with accurate typing skills of at least 25 words per minute;
- Able to remain customer focused, polite and courteous under pressure;
- Able to work quickly and reliably with little supervision and meet challenging targets;
- Capable of making quick decisions in accordance with set rules and able to show that these decisions are fair and just;
- An excellent team player; this is an all for one, and one for all environment;
- Flexible and positive about working in a forward thinking, modern and motivated department, which is working at the forefront of visa work. We are committed to improving standards and procedures - and we are looking for like-minded employees;
- An excellent representative of the UK Visa and Immigration, the British Consulate General and of the UK Government.
Knowledgeable of UK immigration legislation (an advantage but not essential as full training will be given).
Full training will be provided to successful candidates. All travel and accommodation during this time will be paid for and facilitated by the visa section. Previous visa officer experience would be an advantage. If successful, course attendance will not be required if:
- You have had previous Assistant or full ECO experience within the last three years;
- You have attended and passed the course in the UK within the last three years.
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace
Application deadline :13 December 2016
For further details on this vacancy and to apply ,please click on the followıng link: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/candidate/post/2283/en-GB
Grade :B3 (L)
Type of Position :Full-time, Temporary
Working hours per week :36.25
Location (City) :Istanbul
N umber of vacancies : 4
Starting yearly salary (TRY) :84,713.60 TL gross
Start Date :1 April 2017
End Date 31 August 2017 Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a full-time five-month temporary contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 84,713.60 TL gross, B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have permission to live in Turkey. Applicants must hold a passport valid for at least 12 months for any of the following: UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or any EU country (note- Non British Passport Holders must also have Turkish Nationality).
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months. They will be also required to attend a 2 week training course in London/Abu Dhabi or elsewhere. During the course the candidate must pass an examination to enable them to take up the appointment, failure to pass will result in the offer of a job being withdrawn.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.