EY people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transactions and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people to achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Turkey’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Within EY’s Tax practice, our Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR) group has talented and dedicated professionals who provide quality compliance services in many industries, such as: consumer products; energy; manufacturing; technology; communications; and entertainment.
As a member of EY Global, we operate in Istanbul, Ankara, Bursa and Izmir, with more than 1200 people for more than 30 years.
We are seeking for a Senior to join our Tax– Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) Services team in Istanbul with the following qualifications;
As a Global Compliance & Reporting (GCR)Senior, you’ll make technical contributions to global compliance engagements and internal projects. You’ll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You may participate in preparing or reviewing income tax returns for complex organizations in diverse and specialized industries; identifying tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for consideration and implementation; preparing or reviewing the statutory accounts for a domestic or foreign client; and preparing estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations. Working with supervision, you’ll contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the client. With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you’ll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you’ll determine whether the work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you’ll help to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counseling junior team members to help them develop.
Your client responsibilities
- Participate in engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) Services team and across other services.
Your people responsibilities
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining global compliance professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Strong academic background including a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance and/or other related field
- Minimum three years of related work experience
- Commercial, legislative and industry knowledge
- Ability to apply our global compliance process and tools
- Relevant public accounting or industry experience
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
- Male candidates must have fulfilled or postponed their military service obligations
- No travel restrictions
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one is a plus (SMMM, SPK)