HAYATA DESTEK DERNEĞI / SUPPORT TO LIFE (23)
Support to Life (STL) is an independent humanitarian agency working in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, and emergency response in Turkey and the surrounding region. With an emphasis on community participation, STL works at a grassroots level to build local capacity, mitigate the risks and impact of disasters, and support those in need in meeting their basic needs and rights.
In line with its mandate STL currently has the following main activities:
• Refugee Support Program: in response to the increasing number of refugees in Turkey, STL is supporting refugees living outside camps in the Turkish border area through a food security programme providing psychosocial support through the establishment of Community Centres;
• Child Protection Program: STL has been providing protection services and psychosocial care for Syrian children and children affected by seasonal agricultural migration. Targeting both at-risk and working children among the refugees as well as the host community, STL has been supporting children’s education through life skills activities, awareness raising sessions and workshops.
• Civil Society Disaster Platform: in collaboration with partners, STL has launched a platform that will bring together civil society actors in sharing information and coordinating projects related to disaster management in Turkey.
STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child protection perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
STL is looking for Social Cohesion Project Officer to work in the Community Centre in Şanlıurfa
Main duties and Responsibilities
• Contributes to the social cohesion strategy for refugee and host community, plans activities, workshops and events in order to bring refugees and host community together; seeks inclusion and participation,
• As a cross-cutting issue; identifies social cohesion gaps and drafts necessary intervention for all Community Center components and activities,
• Identifies logistic and procurement needs of activities and meetings; coordinates with relevant staff member,
• Conducts research in social cohesion in humanitarian settings and produces internal reports
• Follows and considers child protection policy for any kind of activity in the CC, informs CC Manager in case of any intervention needed,
• Under supervision of the CC Manager, attends coordination meetings in Şanlıurfa and provide meeting notes/reports,
• Identifying capacity-building needs of the staff and sharing the information with CC Manager
• Provide monthly and activity based reports,
• Coordinate with and if necessary support other teams, contribute maintaning and strengthening the team spirit within the Community Center,