Save The Children International
- Business Management/Accounting qualification with at least4 years post qualification experience.
- 2-3 years of audit firm experience.
- A desire to learn and work in a challenging but rewarding environment.
- Turkish and advanced level ofEnglish is required.
- Ability to work under pressure alone and as part of a team
- A strong sense of integrity and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Having or working towards SMMM/ CPA certificate is an asset
- Previous NGO experience is an asset.
This role is responsible for payments to vendors and staff, management of cash and bank accounts, staff and volunteer payroll, posting of expenses and journal entries to FIS (Agresso), support in month and year end close process, support in internal and external audits, assist in cash flow management and ensure implementation of Save the Children’s policies, internal controls and best practices. Exhibit a friendly and helpful attitude and maintain a culture of business partnering.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Review and prepare all cash and bank payments ensuring completeness of support documents and compliance with SCI policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all information on payment request including the budgets are verified and correct before preparing the payment.
- Maintain a good relationship with bank and liaise with the bank to solve problems with payments, if any.
- Ensure that bank signatories list is updated and signatories receive an orientation.
- Prepare/review monthly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts.
- Review payroll and SGK with tax and stamp tax calculation prepared by outsourced accounting firm.
- If assigned prepare/review the monthly payroll for all Istanbul staff, prepare payment to staff, allocation of payroll to awards and posting to FIS.
- Prepare monthly schedule of staff advances, ensure proper tracking of advances and prepare analysis (e.g. aging of advances) and escalate the advances not settled in standard time to the management.
- Preparing the GLACOS for cash and bank payments, advances, prepayments (e.g. prepaid rent), accruals and other liabilities ensuring timely clearance of balances and post GLACOS after review and approval of Finance Manager.
- Assist the Finance Manager and the Budgeting and Reporting team in cost allocation for all support and indirect expenses as part of month end closure process.
- Assist the Finance Manager in all month-end procedures, including posting of all transactions, bank reconciliations and support cost allocation
- Participate in procurements committees for Istanbul office procurement
- Prepare the monthly cash request and assist Finance Manager in cash flow management.
- Assist the Budgeting and Reporting team and Finance Manager in internal and external audits.
- Ensure proper filing of all financial records and the completeness of financial records
- Review all documents submitted for advance settlements and other journal entries to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Controlling both statutory journal entries
- Prepare and assist in financial analysis as required by Management
- Coordinate audit and review the process with external auditors
- Act as a custodian for the petty cash and cashbook
- Maintain an up-to-date cash book
- Prepare the GLACOS for cash payments
- Prepare bank reconciliation for both USD and TRY accounting
- Reviewing all cash payments and tracking all programme advances issued and returned
- Perform weekly cash counts and ensure book and actual balances reconcile
- Verify and ensure that all partnership expenditure spend is compliant with Save the Children and donor policies
- Conduct partner capacity assessments and partner award risk assessments, support program teams in selecting partners and identify capacity building needs of partners in financial management
- Verify partner expenditure reports, through remote and direct visits, and provide audit summary with recommendations to Finance Manager.
- Conduct periodic financial monitoring visits to evaluate the systems, recommend improvements and monitor implementation of improvements
- Assist awards/program teams in preparation of end of award letters detailing accepted, disallowed and queried costs, and where applicable any balances owed to or from partners
- Liaise with Finance Manager to ensure the timely processing of payments to partners
- Follow-up with partners to ensure timely submission of financial reports
- Ensure that partner expenses are posted to FIS (Agresso) in time and amounts owed to and from partners are monitored and cleared in time.
- Provide support for budget revisions/ forecast and reporting to Finance Coordinator for awards implemented in Istanbul.
- Provide information to Finance Coordinator for master budget inputs.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence