Toyota Motors Europe
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Team / Division Description
Research and Development (R&D) in Europe is responsible for the planning, the development and the production of attractive, superior quality cars matching European market requirements. R&D aims to strengthen the Toyota image in Europe.
TME Engine Design departments' responsibilities are:
• Local development of Engine parts for Engines built in one of Toyota's European assembly plants.
This activity is done in close cooperation with our local suppliers and our mother divisions in Toyota
Motor Corporation (TMC) in Japan. TMC relies on us to make sure the design is adapted to European customers' expectations and European suppliers' production methods.
• Investigation of new European technologies through detailed technical and performance benchmarking and propose beneficial concepts (with reduced friction, weight, C02, cost) for application in future vehicle projects.
You will contribute to TOYOTA Engine Unit improvement for European market.
You will challenge future designs for TOYOTA Units to further improve product performance.
You are a flexible team player with an open/creative mind and hands-on mentality.
As engineer in Engine design department, your main responsibility will be:
- The successful completion of Engine Unit part development. This is achieved by the following
• During the prototype phase, you will drive the development process of locally-developed parts.
Continuously you need your engineering skills to support the suppliers in their development. You will define the part functional requirement into the technical drawing taking development targets and supplier process requirements into account. You make sure the development is finished on time and meets all Toyota's requirements. For parts developed in Japan, you are the liaison between our mother divisions in TMC and other European parties (assembly plants, suppliers)
• During the production-preparation phase, you make sure production parts achieve expected performance levels and solve any remaining issue in cooperation with the manufacturing plant (quality and assembly engineers)
• During each step of the development, you will focus on cost-reduction and remain vigilant that the parts performance is matching European customers' expectations.
- To investigate new European advanced technologies in your responsible area. In case a promising technology is found, you will set-up a pre-development study. If successfully concluded, you propose the technology for application in Toyota's future vehicle.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• Have a Engineering master degree
• Must be able to perform technical study & understand and able to make technical drawing & technical specifications.
• Must be able to work closely with supplier and support project management.
• Must be able to conduct basic engineering calculations. (FEM, ... )
• Good knowledge in automotive and power train system
• Experience in Automotive Industry and/or design and evaluation of engine unit parts is an asset
• Required computer skills: Word, Excel, Power-point,
• CAD software: Pro-E or CATIA skills is an asset
• Owner of a driving license
Place of Employment
Belgium - Brussels (Zaventem): Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.