ULUSLARARASI GÖÇ ÖRGÜTÜ
As a consequence of enhanced surveillance along borders with Turkey (Bulgaria-Turkey and Greece-Turkey) the main migration flows from Turkey towards the EU are now taking place via the Mediterranean Sea route. Since September 2015, IOM enhanced its presence in Izmir, Çeşme, Dikili and Küçükkuyu and is providing humanitarian aid for migrants and refugees rescued at sea including NFI, food.
JOB DESCRIPTION Major Duties and Responsibilities :
Under the overall supervision of Emergency Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant in İzmir, the incumbent will have following responsibilities:
1. Provide translation to IOM social worker and field assistant during waiting period of migrants and refugees rescued at sea in Turkish Coast Guard (TCG) Çeşme premises.
2. Support IOM field assistant in Çeşme while distributing food and NFI to the migrants and refugees rescued at sea as and when needed
3. Provide translation to IOM social worker for identifying cases that requires special assistance and refer them to IOM’s various humanitarian activities or to appropriate organizations or government authorities for assistance
4. Assist IOM field assistant and social worker in preparing materials needed for food/NFI distribution or recreational activities for children in TCG premises.
5. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Emergency Assistant.
Education and Experience
- Having experience in relevant field,
- Having experience on implementing emergency/humanitarian project is an asset
- Being able to travel,
- Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions.
- Fluency in Turkish, and Arabic is required.
- Knowledge of English and Implementing emergency/humanitarian projects are advantages.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with clients and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.